Friday, October 7, 2011

Almost back to normal.

It is so nice to almost be back to normal. Ernie and Sammie made a fast trip to Arkansas. They left on Sunday and were back Wednesday so we did play cards last night. It was so much FUN and I won two games. We even had 5 playing last night (Ernie, Sammie, Terrier (Ernie's dsughter), Stacy (Terrie's friend) and me. We had so many playing we had to use 7 decks of cards and it sure took a long time to play one hand in the game and it takes 4 hands for one game. We laughed so much my sides were sore when I got home.

Sue is doing better but still in need of your prayers. She is trying to adjust to living alone, it must be hard after being married for almost 30 years. I am glad we live so close so all she has to do is call and we can be there in 2 min. I hope that is a comfort for her.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND AND A SUPER BLESSED SUNDAY. LOVE TO Y'ALL.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a fun time playing cards with your friends! Seven packs of cards - Eeeek! I'm sure it must be hard for Sue, losing Calvin like that. Thank goodness you are so close. I know that your support and friendship must mean so much to her, especially at this sad time. I will hold her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a good weekend too.

    Sue is lucky to have you and I am sure that she knows this.
    It will take her a long time to adjust to this big hole in her life
    but she will get there.

    You are a good friend.


    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow, Glad you had fun with the family playing with (7) decks of cards that must have been interesting. Please let Sue know that she is in my prayers...my neighbor (other parents) were married 62 yrs when he passed last week...so far she hasn't been alone.

    Hope your week is great :)
    Rainbow (Gina)
    PS thank you for always showing kindness to both Bob and me and we both love your support

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama lynn...thank you for stopping by ;) I am always so encouraged by your thoughts.

    If you haven't tried the sea salt, you really should
    Bob uses it on his food and has high blood pressure,
    it doesn't affect the bp like salt does. You would be surprised. It is made by Morton I believe it sits right next to normal salt.

    hope your weekend is great and full of blessings
    Rainbow (Gina)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by :) love n blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been awhile since I have popped around with my busy schedule. WOW! 7 decks of cards. That is alot. You most have all had such a grand time. Looking foward to a new up date. Thank you for your faithfulness to stop by and post a comment. You are such a blessing. How is Sue doing? Glad you are close so you can be a great support and help to her.
    Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama Lynn...Thank you so much for the prayers and concerns I appreciate it so much. You know that Earthquake the other day to me was alot scarier than tornadoes.

    Hope your doing well
    Blessings
    Rainbow (gina)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank you for all the sweet comments you leave on my blog!! They mean more to me than you know! I too am glad we met through Ginger! Hopefully we can meet in person one day!

    Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mama Lynn
    hope all is well with you..sure miss reading your blogs.

    Thank you for the love and support, now if we could just get NOSEY people to leave us the heck alone..life would be so much better
    Blessings
    Rainbow

    ReplyDelete