Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Update -Sorry I have been gone so long

I have missed posting sooo much but things have been so hectic here I have barley had time to read my friends blogs. Calvin is in a bad way and it is really hard to care for him. I feel his time is short and want to do all I can for him and Sue but having to work and care for them have been a full time obligation. Vickie (his daughter) got here yesterday and that helps, and he was moved into Loving Care on Monday. He will be there til Friday then he has to go either back home or to a Nursing Home. I still can not see why he is so set not to go to a nursing home. I am ready to go today if my boys told me to, I even told them so a few years ago. I was shocked at Rich's answer, "Oh no Mom, we have this all worked out, Gerry gets the bullets, I get the gun and Brian (their step brother) is in charge of hiding the body. We worked all this out to take care of Dad and Debbie (their step mom)." A few week later I pulled something stupid, topical goofy Mom stuff and Rich turned to Gerry and said "Do you need to get the bullets, I'll get the gun." I just said "Not yet, not yet I'm not ready. I promise I can do better." We all had a big laugh. In case you can't tell I am very very proud of my boys, their wives, my GRANDsons and the life they have made for themselves. THANK YOU LORD FOR MY BOYS THAT YOU HAVE MADE INTO STRONG MEN, HUSBANDS AND FATHERS. That is what is going on at the FUNNY FARM for now. Will let you know when and if anything changes. LOVE TO YOU ALL and YOUR FAMILIES. MAKE IT A GOOD WEEK AND EVEN A BETTER WEEKEND.

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you and your family. This is a tough time and a tough position to be in. Your boys are funny. It's good to joke about serious things like this. You have to. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself, you have a lot on your plate at the moment.

    Look after yourself and there will be plenty of time to blog in the future.

    Thinking of you.

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, try to take care of yourself amongst all this. It's not a nice thing to be going through at all. I love it that you have that sort of relationship with your boys that you can joke about things like that. My daughters are like that with me!! Hugs. We'll still all be here when things are a little easier on the home front.

    ReplyDelete