Saturday, July 23, 2011

Update on Calvin - Really GOOD WEEK

Calvin has had a real good couple of weeks. Sure he has his good days and bad days, but the last 4 days have been the best yet. He has been talking and laughing with Jerry talking about old times and stuff they did as kids. I still get tickled when I hear about how Calvin and Bobby hung Jerry in the barn til he turned blue playing Cowboys and Indians. Jerry was the Indian. Not only have I heard this from Calvin and Bobby but several of their friends they grew up with. With brothers like that who needs enemies, but you let anything happen to one of them, and you would have the other two to deal with.

On top of Calvin having a good week I even got to go play cards Thursday, it was so much FUN and seemed like things were almost back to normal. We even had 5 of us playing, Ernie, her sister, her daughter, her daughter's best friend and me. We tried to get Bruce (Ernie's brother) to play but he was too interested in his TV showes to join us. I did not win but it was sure fun getting to play.

Yesterday was the most fun of all though, Bobby (oldest GRANDson) was finishing up his Summer Band Camp with a concert so we were all there, Gerry (my son), Renee (his Mom), Duncan (his brother), Jack (my youngest GRANDson - here wile his Mom and Dad get ready to move to London) and me. We had sooo much fun all day and Jack is so full of it, talks all the time and is so smart. I know his dad was always smart growing up but not like Jack. I guess he gets that from Ginger too. When he does start school his teachers will have a challenge.

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING AS GOOD OF A WEEKEND AS I AM. MAKE IT A BLESSED SUNDAY. Will write more when I know something. LOVE TO YOU ALL

5 comments:

  1. This is good news for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear that you are having a great wekend and that Calvin is having some great days! God is faightufl adn I praying for many more like these for you all.
    Gosh I havent played cards in I dont know when. Sounds like fun! What did you play?
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to my NEWEST FOLLOWERS! You are each and everyone very special to me. Your prayers and support are very helpful to me. Thanks is so little to say for what I feel for you but it will have to do for now, HAVE A VERY BLESSED SUNDAY and NEXT WEEK.

    As for the card game we play, it has several names with many many rules. Hand and Foot or Push are some of the names. Ernie's sister taught it to us so we call it Hand and Foot with Arkansas Rules. Main thing it is just a chance for us girls to get together and have some fun. Now that Sammie is staying with Ernie (she was hurt in a bad car wreck last year and is getting well here in Texas) we have at least three player any time I can get over to play. My days off are Thursday and Saturday which are Ernie's hardest days as a Beauty Operator but on her days off (Monday and Wednesday) I work 1-10 at night so we can't play. That is why we mostly play Thursday and Saturday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainbow,
    Thank you for stopping by,...I love your support!!! I am so Glad Calvin is doing better, thank God for his faithfulness! I love playing cards but seems like lately all of my so called friends are too busy doing other things. We always play spoons..it is a really fun game.

    Hope you week is great
    Blessings
    Rainbow (Gina)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mama lynn thank you for stopping by I appreciate your support very much. when you are writing your blog (you are using blogger right?) make sure you are on compose not edit mode, then there is a picture box on the tabs...click that it will give you the option to upload pictures from your computer.? I hope this helps

    Blessings
    Rainbow (gina)

    ReplyDelete