Thursday, May 5, 2011

Getting to know you Sunday! - on Thursday this week

This has been a wild and crazy week, especially with the wreck last night. I just found out I don't like insurance companies too much either, mine or his. Can't wait to see how this turns out, we need the truck fixed as soon as possible cause my pick-up is in the shop and I'm not too fond of driving or riding with the seat bent way back. Enough on the wreck, on to more enjoyable thoughts. Getting to know you Sunday / what ever day.

1. did you watch the royal wedding?

My DVR was full or I would taped it and watched it when my husband was not around but I did get to see the two kisses on the balcony. Looks like these kids are for real - HOPE THEY CAN ENJOY THE HAPPY EVER AFTER PART !!!

2. tea and crumpets or coffee and a scone?

Have never liked Coffee much but do enjoy a spot of Tea at times (Hot or Iced). I have not tasted a crumpet but I would like to try one sometime. I do believe I have a bit of Limey Blood in with my Irish since I enjoy TEA sooo much.

3. who's cuter prince william or prince harry?

To me Prince William is too much like the Stuffy English Monarch type wile Harry looks like he would be more fun to be with. Oh the pressures of being KING someday.

4. can you speak with an english accent?

No Way, I have lived in Texas too long to even fake an English accent.

5. do you own a fancy hat?

Just lately have I started wearing hats, it started with a straw hat that I pined up the sides on so it would look like cowboy hat and put a Santa Hat on top of it (it is now a tradition to help me get through Christmas Time at Wal-Mart - Blitz Day til Christmas Day) and I can't show up to work without it. The second hat was a Green Bowler with a Rainbow Hat Ban to ware on St Pat's Day. My fancyest hat is one I ware for Easter, a wide brimed Dark Blue with a vail all across the front and a lot of flowers added, that change each year. My favorite one is a wide brim made from cloth with Stars and Stripes on one side and Stars on a blue background on the other for 4th of July. At work they call me the " Hat Lady ", I guess they enjoy it as much as I do. I can not wait til I figure out how to post Photos so you can see them. MAYBE SOON.

6. would you rather live in a castle or an english cottage?

I have never been in a real castle but from the pictures, they look real cold and uninviting but an English Cottage has "Come on in" all over it, especially if it has a BIG FIREPLACE. I have always been a sucker for a fireplace.

7. how old were you when prince charles and princess diana got married? were you even born? July 29, 1981

31 - And after reading this question it dawned on me, I knew about the wedding but could not remember watching it, why not. When I did the research on the date I knew why, it was July 29, 1981 and my divorce from the boys Dad was final July 29, 1981. I don't think I was in much of a wedding mood that day, so no I did not watch it.

8. have you found your prince charming?

Because of that divorce I can HONESTLY say I now have my Prince Charming, we were married September 18, 1987 and it has been 23 years of being treated like a Queen, sometimes too much like a Queen, way too over protective, but I love him and he loves me and that is what counts.

Now that is my answers to "Getting to know you Sunday" and I hope you have had a GREAT WEEK AND ARE RESTED UP FOR A SUPER GREAT WEEKEND. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES. MAKE IT A GOOD DAY ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment