Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I hope everyone had a Super Great Momma Day

My weekend has been so WONDERFUL. We took a Road Trip Saturday to Groom Texas to see the Cross they have there. I have heard about it since they started building it and have seen going down I-40 but this is the first time we have stopped to see what everyone is talking about. IT IS BEYOND INCREDABLE, I have never seen anything like it, but then I do not get away from the Panhandle that much. (Jerry and I have had 1 vacation in 23 years of marriage and that was to listen to a sales pitch to buy some time share property, oh well it got us out of town for 3 days). Back to the Cross at Groom. It is so big and tall you can see it from I-40 but when you get to it up close it is so tall it is unreal. Around the base there are 14 stations with scriptures and bronze statues. They all just really tug at your heart. then to the west is tut Lords Supper and behind that are the three crosses. To the South is the empty tomb with the stone rolled away and the angel inside. THAT PART WAS WORTH THE TRIP. To the Left was a small building that looked like it might be offices but when I looked closer I realized it was an exact replica of the Shroud of Turin. It is one thing to read about it and see pictures but to actually see it and be in the room with it,is beyond words. I ready wish I could have stayed in there longer, they have chairs in there so you can rest and watch a DVD playing on information on the Shroud. I wish Jerry wasn't getting tired so I could have stayed and listened to their information. On to the East side to the Fountain with Jesus and the scriptures about the Living Water. On around to the right there was total see of the Ten Commandments. The next and last station got me the most. You could tell it was a sculpture of Jesus holding something in his hand and what looked like a grave marker.that read " Dedicated to the Sanctity of LIFE - In loving Memory of the - Innocent Victims of ABORTION - Before I formed you in the womb I KNEW YOU. Jeremiah 1:5 " and that object in Jesus's hand is a very small fetus. My heart broke right there. I have often wondered what those idiots who encourage or help with abortions are going to tell God at the Judgment Thrown. I would not want to be in their shoes. All in all that trip was well worth the time and a BEAUTIFUL DAY.

On Sunday I was really bumbed out cause I put in 6 months ago to be off on Momma Day and was turned down. Look bosses I'm the only Mom in the Photo Lab and Electronics but that didn't get me off for Momma Day. A usual 9 - 6 but they let me go at 2:30 and I celebrated the rest of the day. Started with lunch at Furrs, not a good idea toooo many. Then on to Dee's so I could give her, her MOMMA DAY CARD. She is to only MOMMA I have I have now. THANKS DEE FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR MR. When we left there we went to Gerry's to be with the boys and see how Renee's Day was going. Good long visited Kerry even went with mded up at Ernie's to play cards and yes I did win both games. All .I'm

No comments:

Post a Comment