Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yeaterday I got the biggest Surprise ever

I was so shocked when I was reading all my usual blogs I follow every day. Beth at Lifestyle Beauty Nuggets has passed on an Award to me. I have been reading blogs for a wile now but have only had my blog since last Christmas and still do not know how to do a lot yet. I tried all day yesterday to get the button (it is so inviting and if Beth only knew how much I LOVE Strawberry Pie, you will have to go to her blog to get a look ;-) HA HA HA) I do have a photo of it on my phone now for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH BETH.

Now I have to tell you 7 things about me and pass this on to 7 of my Blogger Friends. Step 1:

1. Favorite day of the week (I took this point from Beth): Saturday - When I inherited my first 2 GRANDsons I was exposed to the best life I ever knew. Grandmother is the best Job Title there is. I had enough seniority at work to request my days off. I went with THURSDAY - to have a day set aside for Dr Appointments (my husband is a Cancer Survivor) and SATURDAY - so I could be a Soccer Grandma. My GRANDsons are the best in the world. If you did not know that just ask me.

2. My youngest son is starting the best adventure of his life yet. August the 3rd he has moved his darling wife and my only other GRANDson to Weybridge England, just outside London and just before the riots started. I did not hear from them til the 10th in an e-mail. ALL IS FINE and they LOVE ENGLAND. They are both teachers and will be teaching in the same school again like they did when they first got married. GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS

3. I live 6 miles out of the town I was born in and have lived in all my life, on a farm my husband of 24 years has lived all his life. Our little bit of Heaven on earth is only 3 acres but it is our heaven. Grandad Andy homesteaded 6 sections of land and divided it among 3 daughters and 1 son (Dad). When I came to the family Dad had sold off all but 8 acers. When Mom and Dad died we got 3 acers and the oldest son got 5 and the homeplace and shop. Which was fine with us - we couldn't pay the taxes on the homeplace. Like I said "Our little spot of Heaven on earth."

4. My Mother-in-law had guite a family history herself. Her Dad owned 13 sections of what is now Palo Duro Canyon that he bought from Charles Goodnight (one of the early settlers of Texas Panhanle).

5. We have a small family at home now, 2 dogs and 2 cats. All but one are abandoned pets. Jerry and I are both softies and can not turn away those sad eyes. My biggest delight would be to catch those DUMPSTER (you can not call them people cause they are not) and put them on an island with no food or fresh water and see how they like it.

6. I love trying all crafts - will try anything at least once, twice if I like it.

7. Like I said earlier I am new to blogging and I love it. I have so many wonderful new friends and a lot of them I feel are family. However I am still learning so I promise I will post photos soon as well as figure out how to link up with other posts. Don't give up on me cause I am not.

AS FOR PART 2: I CAN NOT PASS THIS ON RIGHT NOW BUT I WILL AS SOON AS I CAN. SORRY BETH IF I LET YOU DOWN.

3 comments:

  1. No you didnt let me down you put a great BIG HUGE SMILE upon my face! You bless me so much.
    I pray someone can help you post your award so all can see. That you will be able to post photos too. Im waiting patiently on that. I know you will when you learn.
    You Rock!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow (Dustbow) If you can right click on the award then copy image then go back to your blog and right click in the area where you type and paste. If that doesn't work maybe Bethe could email it to you.

    Please let me know if I can help out.

    Thank you so much for the comment to Bob and I we appreciate you very much!!! AND YOUR SUPPORT IS GREAT~~~

    Blessings
    Rainbow (Gina & Tiger Bob)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete