Monday, August 29, 2011

WE HAVE R-A-I-N, at least enough to measure again YEA!!

It was not much, 1/2" but at least it was some. However it was so scattered and random they did not get any at the Airport (where the National Weather Service is) so officialy we are still at 2.64" for the year when it should be over 15" by now. We have also broken the record for days over 100, the old record was 26 days in 1953, I can remember hearing stories of that time and wonder how they survived back then. Not much Refrigerated A/C back then, shoot most people did not have any A/C at all (we did not til '59 - I remember when we got it). Well now the record is 47 days and they say we are sure to go over 50 days maybe 60 for this year. Childress (just South East of us and where my Grandparents use to live and a lot of my Mom's family still live) have had it worse then us on the temps. They are usually hotter then us but this year is horrendous, 96 days over 100 and they are saying it will be will over 100 days for them by the time Fall gets here. It helps to be on what they call the Caprock, just a higher elevation so it is not as HOT.This is one year I am ready for Fall to get here.

As for the girls, they are home and safe. Thank you for all your prayers. We will go over to help unpack till I have to go to work. I work 1 - 10 tonight and 4 - 10 the rest of the week, still having to deal with the cut back in hours. That is 24 for this week and 28 for next week. Not good for Full Time work, even the Part Time are getting 16 - 20 hours. Please keep all of us (and our customers) in your prayers.

MAKE IT A GREAT WEEK, I know I am going to make mine the best yet.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you some rain. I know you need so much more.
    WOW! breaking records are you! :)
    Glad the girls are home safely! Praise the Lord!
    He is faithful!
    Will be praying aobut work. It seems that is somethign I do alot of lately for my girls and myself. As times seem to be getting tighter and tighter. But we serve a BIG GOD and He is more than able. We are His heirs.
    Have super blessed week
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow
    glad you are getting rain...I know what you mean about records breaking...we had above 95 for the last 60+ days and over 45 days of 105+ we set all kind of records and still going!!

    Hope your doing well and I love your blogs and thank you for the support you are truly a blessing

    Rainbow (Gina)

    Keeping you in my prayers over your job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right! we got some of the dust washed off!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems as if records are being broken all over the USA, weatherwise, at the moment my friend. Hope the rain keeps on coming for you! So glad the girls are home safe and sound. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for stopping by I always appreciate your support (I understand typonese :) )
    blessings to you
    Rainbow (Gina)

    ReplyDelete