Friday, March 25, 2011

Today was a strange day at work

This has to be one of the strangest day I have ever survived. At home things were just as usual, no surprises there, but work was a different matter. Just as I walked to the time clock our new Department Manager (we have just got trained as to how we want things to run-she has just been over us for 5 months now) let me know she was leaving as of the first of April. She and her husband are in the process of adopting their 5 grandkids so they will not be split up, and she feels she needs to be a stay at home GRANDMA/MOM. I am excited for her but feel sorry for her at the same time. I want so desperately to be full-time GRANDma to my GRANDson but they need their Mom and Dad there too. PLEASE KEEP HER AND ALL HER FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS. Wonder who they will get to replace her and how long it will take to train who ever it is. I have been in the Photo Lab 4 years now and we have had 4 different Department Managers plus the one that knows the most about the equipment and computers was the Dept. Mgr. before them. Do not know what we would do without Mr. Fix It. He is the best, we really miss him when he takes a vacation or any time off. When he gets back his first question is, "What did you break wile I was gone." then he fixes it, what ever it was. Wish he would go back to being the Boss, things sure would run smooth if he would. Oh well enough on that, the rest was a busy day but not crazy. Fridays are a bad day, just two of us working all day. Jennifer is 8-5 and I am 1-10. Makes it hard to cover breaks and lunches, but we get it done. Enough about work, just know I am looking forward to Card Night Saturday. I really missed playing cards Thursday but Jerry needed that time for just us. It was so nice, we need to do it again soon.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND BLESSED WEEKEND. LOVE TO YOU ALL.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for your boss. What a great grandma she is!! Hope you have a great cards night!!

    ReplyDelete