Thursday, March 31, 2011

I can not believe it is Thursday again. CARD NIGHT

This has been a busy week at work, guess that's why time has passed so fast. I can not believe it is Card Night already. I have been looking over some of my old posts and it seems I have said "Story to follow later" and I have not been getting to the later. Well here is one to start.

About how I got three GRANDsons in one day. My oldest son, Gerry was getting married October 27, 2007 and Rich was coming up to be on the wedding. I was not too sure of the date especially when they decided on an outside wedding at a park, Rich and Ginger got married in a roadside park and it was BEAUTIFUL but it was July 25, 1998 not Oct. 27th. Mom of the groom never has much say but I knew the LOVE was there and trusted all to be OK. Renee had two sons and I was so excited about getting to be a Grandma. Bobby was 10 and Duncan was 5 but I was so glad to have them. I had just about given up on being a grandma and just settle on having GRANDcats instead. Well back to the wedding, with our wind and being the end of October I could not see going to the wedding without a very heavy-duty coat, but the kids would not even accept a back up plan. As it turned out one was not needed. It was a beautiful day (no wind) and just perfect temperature (not too cold or too hot), and the rose garden around was almost in full bloom. I have the photos to show. GOD WAS SURE IN CHARGE OF THIS WEDDING. Gerry even had a special part in the wedding, just after the union candles, where he made a vow to the boys as well as their Mom and gave them a cross necklace. I was so proud of him and wondered how he got so smart. Now back to my third GRANDson, Ginger was not able to attend the wedding, they just found out she was in a family way and not able to make the drive up from Dallas. SO IN ONE DAY I WAS BLESSED WITH THREE WONDERFUL GRANDsons.

Wile we were waiting for Jack to get here, my sister told me how GREAT, GRANDKIDS were. I told her after raising my boys and that there could be nothing better than them, I said "NO WAY". Well not better, just different. When you are the Mom it is "Do your homework, Eat your vegetables and Clean your room." now at Mamaw's house, it is all bets off, "What happens at Mamaw's stays at Mamaw's" GRANDsons are the best thing God ever invented. Being a GRANDma is the best occupation to have.

But now it is getting late and my chores are not done so I can play Cards tonight. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD REST OF THE WEEK AND AN EVEN BETTER WEEKEND. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that one day I get to experience motherhood and better being a grandma!! Your little Jack is precious!! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I ever tell you that I think that you are as wonderful as you think I am? Love you!

    ReplyDelete